To become a member of Ohio Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (OAND), you must first join the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND). You must indicate Ohio as your state affiliation to automatically be a member of OAND with access to all member information, as well as the Members Only section of this website. AND maintains our OAND member database, so please contact AND with changes of address, e-mail, name, or contact information.
We look forward to serving you as an OAND member.
Benefits of Membership
As an AND and OAND member, you participate in an elaborate network of nutrition professionals and friends who continue to have a profound impact in the field of dietetics both locally and nationally. You remain informed of the latest issues affecting nutrition in Ohio and in the food industry nationwide. Most importantly, you become part of a larger community of Ohio nutrition professionals, who share a like commitment to the nutritional challenges our state faces everyday in healthcare.
AND and OAND membership benefits include but are not limited to the following:
- Access to the Member's Only area of the website which contains, job listings, news around the state of Ohio, District information and offerings, up-to-date legislative information, and membership directory
- Opportunity to join a district in your area
- Member savings on registration fee for AND FNCE, OAND Annual Conference, and Public Policy and Advocacy Day
- Eligibility to apply for Awards and Scholarships
- Free subscription to OAND E-News Bites newsletter
- Free subscription to the AND online version of the Journal of the American Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Access to AND's Evidence Analysis Library for the latest and best scientific and evidence-based information, including summaries of research in diseases and conditions like childhood overweight hyperlipidemia and critical illness
- Access to AND's Scientific Summaries addressing the "hot" research studies in the five priority emerging areas: Obesity/Overweight, Aging, Complementary Care and Dietary Supplements, Food Supply, Human Genome, and Genetics
- Links to Ohio Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and dietetic practice groups
- Daily News e-mail notifications of nutrition media-related information
- E-mail notifications on professional development opportunities and industry related trends
The membership year begins June 1 and expires on May 31. Dues help fund AND and OAND numerous programs and services.