Student Members of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) automatically become OAND members. Academy Student members gain access to a wealth of career building resources and Academy resources that enhance your education preparation. All AND student members are members of the Academy Student Council, a national student organization within AND, formed to address student-related issues and increase peer networking. The purposes of AND's Student Council are to provide leadership opportunities of AND student and to facilitate communications among student members and with the Academy leadership. The Student Council is represented by a Student Council Advisory Committee (SCAC).
AND Student Membership Benefits include:
- Network with other dietetics students via the Web-based Student Council Community of Interest (CoI), which connects AND student members nationwide, provides a communication vehicle for your student representatives, allows you to access cutting-edge information about the profession, read useful Web sites and articles, share ideas and more.
- Become eligible for leadership opportunities on the Student Council Advisory Committee
- Obtain free membership in your state dietetic association and become eligible for state and national Outstanding Dietetics Student Awards
- Access AND's Student Center Web site and the student online newsletter, the AND Student Scoop
- Access the monthly Journal of the American Dietetic Association online, the award-winning AND Times, subscribe to the Daily News and more.
- Apply for Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation scholarships (for U.S. citizens or permanent residents).
- Access to AND Careerlink.org for the latest information on the profession's hottest job opportunities
- Obtain student liability insurance and special member rates on credit cards, car rental and hotel accommodations
- Obtain reduced student rates at AND's Annual Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo